Monday, April 15, 2013

Never say Never Again ....


It seems like a long time.  Actually it is.  I started designing Scrapbook Pages about 6 months after Emma was born in 2003.  I needed something creative to fill the void left by not dancing.  At that time For Keeps Magazine was the premier mag in Australia and they held annual competitions for scrapbookers nation wide.  It was suggested I send an entry in.  I mean what did I have to loose?  Well I receive the Award for Design and Composition, and since then, the last 9 years have been spent creating and working for various manufacturers and scrapbooking publications.  There hasn't been a time I could remember where I didn't have a due date looming or something to create. 

My term with Prima Marketing comes to an end in June ( I can't even imagine my life not designing for Prima), and I promised myself to have time off and start experimenting creating stuff I want to do.  No Design Teams.  None.  So when I was approached by Ingvild, I had such a mixed reaction to her offer. I have always respected and adored her work (I mean who doesn't), and my immediate gut reaction was to jump at this chance.  Then I remembered my promise to myself.  No DT's.  Creating for myself.  Total autonomy.   

But then I spent a week thinking about it.  And thinking about it.  Pretty much everything I do has Ingvild's resins or Shabby Chic Treasures on it anyhow.  They are products I adore, and so very very me.   And then there was the thought of her future releases.  Sigh.  It just had to be a "Yes" didn't it !!  So here I am announcing that I am thrilled to be on the Ingvild Bolme DT for 2013.  And I cant wait to start designing.


So here is the team.  They are truly amazing.  Go over and have a look at their art.  Beautiful.

Evgenia Petzer: http://evgeniapetzer.blogspot.com/

Stephanie Schütze: http://scrapmanufaktur.blogspot.com

Florence Teixeira:  http://floliescrap.over-blog.com/

Gerry van Gent: http://gerryscrafts.blogspot.com

Olga Heldwein: http://olga-heldwein.blogspot.no

Victoria Klabukova: http://by-fleer.blogspot.com


9 comments:

  1. Oh, girl! I so completely understand everything you have just said!!! But, what an opportunity!!! and I am sooo excited for you...and for all of us to see all the greatness that you will create for Ingvild's line!!!!! Super Congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Steph!! what a journey!! I'm so happy for you!!
    xo
    Keren

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo, big congrats! I was really excited to find out that you joined her design team. You will do such beautiful, feminine creations with their products for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Well done! What an amazing team of talented girls and I know you will be whipping up a storm creating with the stunning products.. congrats and I look forward to getting blown away by all the fabulous creations in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Steph, I`m so happy you said Yes to Ingvild! You belong to this team :-) Congratulations once again, sweets!
    Hugs ~gerry~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Big congrats Steph, awesome gig :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, Steph! I'm so glad you said yes because I couldn't imagine not seeing your beautiful work somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Steph. Two of my favourite designers working together. So looking forward to seeing your work on Ingvild's team. Whatever will be will be and I am glad too that you said 'Yes'.

    ReplyDelete